This panel discussion will showcase U of T expertise and perspectives on smart cities. Questions to be raised at the event include: What are smart or smarter cities or what should they be? How can cities get there?
The intended audience includes local and regional stakeholders, government and industry partners that are developing smart cities strategies, researchers and community members. Panelists will highlight previous smart cities work and research including a recent workshop led by U of T on The Future of Smart Cities in India and also connect to the Canadian federal government’s upcoming $300M Smart Cities Challenge.
- David Wolfe, Co-Director, Innovation Policy Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs
- Enid Slack, Director, Institute on Municipal Finance and Governance
- Judy Farvolden, Program Director, Transportation Research Institute
- Patricia O’Campo, Social & Behavioural Health Sciences Division, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- Robert Wright, Director of the Centre for Landscape Research, John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design; Dean, Faculty of Forestry
Co-presented by the University of Toronto’s Centre for Social Services Engineering, Daniels Faculty of Architecture & Landscape Design, Institute on Municipal Finance and Governance, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto Transportation Research Institute and the Urban Studies Program.