The TransitData 2020 6th International Symposium on the Use of Public Transit Automated Data for Planning and Operations will go forward August 11-13, 2020 in a virtual format, UTTRI associated faculty Professor Amer Shalaby and Dr. Brendon Hemily, Symposium co-Chairs, announced last week.
The goal of TransitData 2020 is to create a stimulating and creative environment for academic researchers and practitioners alike to:
- experience a broad panorama of research and applications that use public transit automated data for planning and operations;
- gain more in-depth knowledge of promising methods;
- examine key issues and challenges; and
- explore opportunities for exchange and collaboration between researchers and practitioners.
Participants of the virtual TransitData 2020 Symposium will enjoy:
- a broad panorama of lightning presentations on practical applications and cutting-edge research focusing on the use of public transit automated data for planning and operations;
- more complete presentations for those who wish to dig in more depth into specific topics; and
- several plenary sessions exploring various pertinent topics including: the use of transit data in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic; data management challenges; new sources of data; successful collaboration initiatives between academic and transit agencies; etc.
Details on the program will be posted on the TransitData 2020 website.
Register at a reduced price until August 4.