Selected Professional Appointments
Associate Professor, Institute for Management & Innovation, UTM
Senior Associate, Innovation Policy Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs
Shauna Brail is an economic geographer and urban planner. Her research focuses on the transformation of cities as a result of economic, social, and cultural change. Brail’s current research examines the disruptions taking place in urban mobility, particularly focused on the emergence and shifting strategies of ride-hailing firms and associated impacts on cities. She is the Co-Principal Investigator of a five-year insight grant funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada – Taking Canada for a Ride: Digital Ride-Hailing and Its Impact on Canadian Cities.
Specialty Focus Areas
Cities, innovation, ridehailing, transformations in urban mobility, municipal regulation and policy.
- Webinar | The Social Benefits Of On-Demand Transit – June 4, 2020
- Cities After COVID – Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy – posted June 19, 2020
- The World after COVID-19 – Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy – posted May 12, 2020
- How is COVID-19 affecting global supply chains? – Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy – posted April 30, 2020
- Politalks – Dr. Shauna Brail – Regent Park TV – Oct 29, 2015