“iCity: Urban Informatics for Sustainable Metropolitan Growth” was one of 22 projects funded, of 92 projects submitted, by the Ontario Research Fund-Research Excellence Round 7 competition. The project, which will run for four years until June 2019, received $2.95 million dollars which is being matched by institutional and industry support.
iCity is a collaborative endeavor between researchers at the University of Toronto, OCAD University, the University of Waterloo and IBM Canada. It is led by Principal Investigator Prof Eric J. Miller, director of the University of Toronto Transportation Research Institute (UTTRI) and a professor in the Department of Civil Engineering.
- iCity Urban Informatics Research Day 2019
- iCity-ORF Research Day 2018
- The Walkable Street – Survey (Fall 2018)
- iCity Research Papers
- May/June 2017 Ontario Planning Journal, Vol. 32, No. 3 “Urban Informatics for Sustainable Growth” by Eric J. Miller, Judy Farvolden, Sara Diamond and Mark Fox
- 2015 Announcement: About iCity – Urban Informatics for Sustainable Metropolitan Growth